Monday, January 13, 2014

A blessed Sunday indeed… 01/12/13



The coming of a weekend always makes  me feel excited especially during Sundays because it is a  time for praise, worship and thanksgiving to God together with the community of Christians. Yesterday, January 12, 2014, the sky was gloomy, the climate was cold and rain seemed unstoppable. I got myself busy preparing for breakfast and facebooking that I miss coming to church on time :D Glad that when I arrived 15 minutes past the hour of 9, it was still time for praise and worship. The performers just did great and I joined in praising God through dancing and singing. It was such a great way to start the fellowship.

After some announcements, the emcee enthusiastically welcomed Pastor Bayani Areola. The Pastor then called a couple to give some testimonies how Jesus Christ worked in their lives. I was inspired by what they shared especially how they met, considering they have different backgrounds. One of whom dreamed to have a better life, withstanding the challenges of being impoverished. Their marriage runs for 14 years now and counting. These were some of their statements that struck me. 

Declare positive things. 
Focus on the positive things. 
We don’t dwell in the past. We are not defined by our past. But we are prepared by our past.
Sometimes, we get entangled with our family backgrounds, challenges and misfortunes that we become hopeless and would not like to dream big things. It was such a refresher to me not to dwell on the past but consider it as a guide for what I will become in the future. I commit myself to declare positive things, focus and work on it. If negativities come in, I just have to recall the good things and I should not be affected much with it.

Then Pastor Areola led a song HEART OF WORSHIP with the lyrics of the song well-felt. He then started sharing the theme of the fellowship which is BIG THINGS FOR THE BIG GOD.
Citing a verse Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”, Pastor Areola encouraged everyone that God has a master plan to each one, plan for a brighter future and prosperity. So glad to be reminded once again because this is one of my guiding verses. Whenever I am into trials, I cling to God’s promise that everything will be well.

He further shared that BIG CHALLENGES SIGNAL BLESSINGS. One should not worry if he/she faces big problems, because it paves the way for bigger blessings to come. One has to persevere the tests of time.

As the sharing continued, Pastor Areola tackled business, encouraging everyone to start, no matter how small the capital and venture are. After all, everything big starts from small. He further added that we should not despise or discredit small things because with God, nothing is impossible. I am indeed inspired to pursue what I and my students have started last Friday, January 10, 2014. We produced VEGGIE BURGER with a starting capital of Php 1,100. Glad to have begun it, asking God to guide us all throughout. I also produced special chocolate yema last week with Php 400 as the beginning capital J May God bless these ventures including my Mary Kay business. I also believe that these will prosper with God’s blessings J

Pastor Areola had more to share citing the parable of the mustard seed, so small it is but grows big beyond expectations. He again encouraged everyone to start investing. “If you want something big in life, start investing,” he added.

With these words of wisdom, he concluded the sharing that one has to be willing to give… to give back to God what is due Him and give to become a blessing to others. For by giving, more blessings would come to one’s life. Then everyone was encouraged to commit to God ourselves and ask guidance for the businesses we will undertake and other endeavours.

WOW, it was indeed a blessed Sunday. Thank God for making us feel your presence. Thank you for the life of Pastor Areola who keeps on inspiring us. I am indeed excited to continue engaging into business, teaching my students to become entrepreneurs and encouraging my family to do business as well. J  
Do you Like this story..?

Get Free Email Updates Daily!

Follow us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment