Friday, May 3, 2013

Receiving a Leadership Award is an extra blessing


Receiving a Leadership Award is indeed an extra blessing. For students venturing into graduate education, getting a degree is of primary concern. The long years of drudgery in itself is enough for a graduate student to finish his/her chosen degree and receive a diploma.

Few days before the College of Business Administration and Accountancy’sPre-commencement and Recognition Ceremonies, we had our rehearsals at the IIT gymnasium. Prof. Stephen Fajardo, Assistant Dean of CBAA, then announced the graduates with extra-curricular and co-curricular achievements. I heard him say my name for the Leadership Awardees of the College which surprised me because I least expected it, considering that I was taking up a masteral degree.

Then the Pre-commencement Exercises happened.
The Program
Prof. Fajardo called me up and upon receiving the medal and the certificate made me feel grateful and proud. I thank the Master in Business Management Department/Office/Program for recognizing my contributions to the studentry and the program. Being the President of MBM Student Board from 2010 to 2012 was a bit challenging not to mention the diverse personalities of professionals I was dealing with. One thing I am grateful though is that everyone was just as excited as I was to have general orientation, get-together party, enhancement seminar, outreach program and of course the educational tour a.k.a. laag-laag :D But truly, we learned a lot from all those educational trips especially the laughter, laughter and laughter all throughout the trip :D This among others makes me nostalgic of my MBM journey because of the moments shared together. You can read my post on my MBM Journey here.
The Certificate
With Vanessa, Ma'am Abeth and my fellow MBM graduates
The award I received will always remind me to be humble no matter what; to have the desire and passion to lead; to be compassionate with others; to do conscientiously the plans even if it meant a sacrifice; and to never stop learning lessons even beyond the four corners of the classroom.
The Medal
With Rolly and Brian. Thank you so much for coming over. Thank you sab Kyong :-)
These I thank you my MBM Family. As of this writing, I am already teary eyed… Hope to always connect with you guys… Thank you thank you thank you… Thank God… 


Thank you so much my MBM Family
With my nephew JR, Tatay, Nanay, Rolly, Lloyd and Brian. Salamat much :-)
With Sir Adrian, Ma'am Narido and fellow MBM graduates
With the ever supportive CBAA Graduate Program Coordinator Prof. Narido. Thank you so much Ma'am :-)



Do you Like this story..?

Get Free Email Updates Daily!

Follow us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment