Saturday, October 11, 2014

Speech: HOW DO I GET THERE FROM WHERE I AM NOW

Speech of Prof. Richard S. Celeste, MBM during the Seniors' Ball of Mindanao State University, Marawi City, October 11, 2014. 


Good evening Ezer Batch! Good evening warriors! How are you feeling right now? Can you please tell your seatmate right now, You look awesome tonight! My warmest congratulations to everyone of you for making it this far! You are indeed victorious warriors!

A couple of weeks from now, you will be conferred with your respective degrees and it reminds me of the day of our graduation way back in 2006. I simply got teary eyed and couldn’t help myself but ask, “WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?”  

Where do I go from here is the most common question of the students after they will be conferred as graduates. Tonight, we will transform the question into “HOW DO I GET THERE FROM WHERE I AM NOW? Again, HOW DO I GET THERE FROM WHERE I AM NOW? This question enables you to find means and I would like to share with you 5 important steps for you to reach what you want in life.

First on the list is: SET A GOAL. Goal setting is a mental preparation of what you want to be, what you want to do and what you want to have in the future. Your goals serve as the blueprint of your journey. According to Robert T. Kiyosaki – author of the renowned “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” – Goals have to be clear, simple and in writing. If they are not written and reviewed daily, they are not really goals. They are wishes. Wishes are just mere expressions and may not come true. Ladies and gentlemen, I encourage you to write all your plans in a goals book and review it daily because GOALS become powerful and attainable as you put it in writing and review it daily. Bo Sanchez – author of the 8 Secret of the Truly Rich further added that by writing down your dreams, you open yourself to life’s river of abundance. And when you read what you wrote daily, you multiply the power of that river tenfold.” Wow! Don’t you like to achieve your goals? Then start writing your goals when you get home and review it daily.

Second is: VISUALIZE YOUR FUTURE. Visualization is the power of creating clear mental images of who you will become in the near future. Doing it enables you to think, speak and act as if you are already the person you have dreamed of. Allow me to share with you a video clip showing what I have been through and my dreams in life.

This is so powerful because you will be able to attract people who will help you achieve your goals. It’s as if that the entire universe will conspire to make your dreams come true. I myself, experienced this. I visualized to be a well known and effective motivational speaker in the world and my presence at this very moment is a justification how visualization works. When Mr. Pelongo invited me to speak before you, I readily said yes. Why? Simply because this is a great opportunity for harnessing my speaking skills and soon I will be one of the most sought speakers.

Third is: PRAY AND BELIEVE IN GOD. Saying a fervent prayer and believing in God will lead us to the realization of our dreams. Faith in God is a very powerful guiding force available to mankind because as we pray, we develop in us, a positive mental attitude – making us enthusiastic and motivated in dealing life. In Mark 11:24, the Lord says, “Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. Thus, when we ask something from God, we should be happy and believe that we already received it and eventually, what we want will be realized, provided that it is based on a selfless intention. My faith in God was made more meaningful when I happened to know this passage in Jeremiah  29:11. I consider this as my guiding verse. It goes this way, “for I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Everything that has happened and will happen into our lives entail God’s plans, so patterned for our own good. What we need to do is to trust God and thank Him for everything. Showing gratitude to God can also be done by appreciating His creations and by thanking every person you mingle with, even circumstances. In fact, Napoleon Hill said, “Every adversity like disappointments, failures, misfortunes and even heartaches carries with it the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit.” Every time you will encounter an adversity, give thanks for it because behind it is a blessing.

Fourth: Believe in yourself. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does. That’s what makes you a winner (Venus Williams). I like Dr. Daniel Amen’s 18/40/60 rule: When you’re 18, you worry about what everybody else is thinking about you; when you’re 40, you don’t give a darn what anybody thinks of you; and when you’re 60, you realize nobody's been thinking about you at all. Surprise, surprise! Most of the time, nobody’s been thinking about you at all! They are too busy worrying about their own lives, and if they are thinking about you at all, they are wondering what your are thinking about them. People think about themselves, not you. Think about it. All the time you are wasting worrying about what other people think about your ideas, your goals, your clothes, you hair and your home could all be better spent on thinking about and doing things that will achieve your goals. (Excerpt from The Success Principles by Jack Canfield).

Another thing that I would like to emphasize is: Make it a habit to say I can, rather than maybe I can or I cannot. When you think you can, you awaken in your mind the power that can. This simply means that from the moment you think you can, you will realize that indeed you can really do it and certain forces will guide you to the realization of what you want. Thus, what your mind can conceive, your body can achieve. Also, what is your immediate reaction when you want something and the price seems too high. More often than not, we say I cannot afford it. But don’t you know that there is a better way of saying it. Just mention, HOW CAN I AFFORD IT. This question opens possibilities such as being able to raise that certain amount of money or somebody will give you some funds or simply someone will give you what you wanted.

Fifth is: TAKE ACTION! [WHO WANTS THIS ACTIVITY]. Taking action is one of the most proven strategies to achieve your goals. It is the best way to succeed in life. Set aside the self-limiting beliefs and take one step at a time. The sooner you do it, the better. With your goals written out, make it real by taking a step one at a time. The task may be so daunting but don’t give up. Keep pushing forward until one day, you reach your dreams.  

Anytime soon, you may forget all these. Perhaps this is just one of the throwback moments you will have but I would like you to remember this fifth step which is to take actions. As Ms. Fleire Castro puts it, “Life is about being brave and taking that next shot at success.” 

Want to get rich? Do business. Network with like-minded individuals. Explore possibilities. Take action!

Want your dream job? Plan, prepare and prove your worth it! Take action!

Want to tell someone you love them? Be brave. Don’t hesitate! Take action! I tried but to no avail until the other way around happened :D I’m happily into a relationship :D Thank God J

What are those five ways for you to get there from where you are now?

1.    Set a goal
2.    Visualize your future
3.    Pray and believe in God
4.    Believe in yourself
5.    Take action!


Thank you so much everyone! I fervently pray for everyone’s success! God bless us all and have a good night!
Do you Like this story..?

Get Free Email Updates Daily!

Follow us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment