Friday, October 3, 2014

Happy Teachers’ Day to all Educators


The onset of learning happens at home and the formal way of education is facilitated in schools by significant individuals whom we call teachers. These people prepare lesson plans, update class record, meet the class and teach students.

The world celebrates Teachers’ Day every October 5 of the year. This is to give honor, appreciation and gratitude to teachers who have a great impact to everyone’s life.

Like everyone else, teachers get tired and there are times when they feel futile and insignificant especially when challenges cross their paths. But as long as the commitment to touch people’s lives is felt, teachers face the struggle and continue pushing through despite the odds.

No wonder why teaching is considered to be the most noble profession because it takes a lot of patience, sacrifice and passion to teach and mold students to become better persons.

My Teacher, My Hero is no exaggeration. I could still remember my Grade 1 mentor “Teacher Lynneth” who showed me confidence and passion to teach me how to write, read and do arithmetic calculations. The little punishment inflicted in me remains fresh and it happened everytime I fail to recite the multiplication table and much reprimand when I got inside a “margarine container” for curiosity sake. Indeed, she has welcomed me well to the world of formal education that I finish every grade level successfully until I graduated elementary. It’s a bit funny though seeing each other these days that I become taller than her and doing the same thing :D Thank you so much Teacher Lynneth.

Entering high school was a bit tougher. Teachers seemed more demanding and threatening :D . Nevertheless, I have had the happiest experience during high school days. Among the teachers that left an enduring impact was Ma’am Andoy, now Sister Andoy who portrayed us the “must-do’s” in life. Everyone would be terrified when she gets mad and reprimands the class. Cleanliness in the room was well-emphasized that we exerted a lot of effort in maintaining it. Thank you Ma’am Neng.

Getting into college was the toughest when I had to deal with the financial situation our family faces. It was then the period when I had strong convictions to reach my goals of getting a degree and be employed to help our family. I was also receptive with people whom I can emulate with. Thanks to our kababayans Te Trex and Ma’am Edna who finished a degree in MSU and successfully became members of the MSU faculty. More thanks when Te Trex happened to be my instructor in English 4 that I had a close encounter with one of the persons I truly admire. Sharing the story of “The Little Prince” was worth pondering and meditating. Thank you so much Te Trex.

Pursuing graduate education was another exciting experience when I had to explore learning opportunities including blogging, social media marketing, toastmastering, leading the student organization, being the Marketing Consultant of Tita Fannies, exploring places and a lot more. Check the details of my MBM experience here. 

These are just some of the personal experiences I had with great teachers and how their influences endure. I thank all my teachers from elementary to present for the learning shared. My appreciation also goes to all teachers in the world.  May God bless you and your families. Keep inspiring more souls for you never know how far your influence goes.
Happy Teachers’ Day.

How about you? Who among your teachers inspired you the most? You can share it here…  Thanks…




Do you Like this story..?

Get Free Email Updates Daily!

Follow us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment